Your boyfriend popped the question and you have eagerly exclaimed “Yes!” After the fog of excitement has lifted and possibly you have settled on the date, or several optional dates, it’s time to begin the nitty-gritty of wedding preparations. After setting the date, the next important thing to book one of the many choices of wedding venues in Utah. You will need to book early to ensure your chosen venue is still open for your special date. So don’t delay the beginning of your search.
You need to choose the wedding reception centers in Utah that is right for your style, flair, and your budget. So here are some questions that will help you in your quest.
- First, always ask about the availability of your wedding date. This will save you heart ache of getting excited for a particular venue, only to discover that your date is not available.
- What is the capacity of the venue? Will there be enough space if you choose to have your wedding ceremony and reception in one location?
- Does the venue’s ambiance match the kind of look and feel you want for your celebration? What decorations do they provide? What decorations would you need to add? Can the venue supply additional decorations and can match your colors chosen?
- Does the Utah wedding venue provide for other wedding related vendors? Or must you use their vendors? Do they allow your own caterers to come in or even self-catering? Do they freely recommend vendors? Do the venue get a commission off of those vendors they recommend? Ask the venue for photos of their caterers, florist, cake designers, and photographers.
- Are the venue facilities suitable for you and your guests? Is it wheelchair accessible? Is the bathroom easily accessible? Does the venue have a separate bride’s room and groom’s room for changing during your event? What kind of accommodations are available for younger children who will possibly attend your celebration?
- If desired, does the venue allow alcohol? It is important that the facility holds a state liquor license if you want liquor during your wedding reception. Turn the drinks completely over to a licensed bartender so that you and your family are not libel should alcohol problems happen at your event.
- What all is included in the main cost? Know the detailed list of what the venue includes so you are not disappointed or can plan on certain items. The details of your wedding plan are going to be very important as you proceed.
- What kind and how much space is available? Is there a dance floor included in the price? Is there enough space for a band, should you wish one?
- Parking at reception venues can be annoying for you and the guests. Does the venue provide close and ample parking? Does the venue include a security guard to keep watch of activity outside the venue while you and your guests enjoy yourselves inside.
- What staff does the venue supply during your event? Do they have a wedding or event planner to help you make sure everything is planned?
- Are there restrictions you need to know about? Some venues do not allow for open flame candles. You will want to know any restrictions, especially if you want something unique for your wedding.
If you are planning a Salt Lake Valley wedding celebration, Ivy House Weddings at Western Gardens Downtown Salt Lake City is one of the Utah wedding venues that should definitely be considered for your celebration.