Our experience working with the Ivy House was excellent. The staff absolutely exceeded our wishes. They were great and gave us all the help we asked for. The facility was excellent and we had a wonderful celebration.
Outdoor weddings have become increasingly more popular in recent years. Unfortunately, the weather does not always cooperate enough to allow a lot of outdoor weddings, especially for people searching for Utah wedding locations. Utah has approximately 8 months out of every year that can drop below freezing, which makes an outdoor wedding out of the question for most of the year. It is easier to search for an open, spacious indoor Salt Lake City wedding reception facility, that offers an outdoor feel than hold an outdoor wedding.
The Ivy House can provide the feel of an elegant, open wedding in their beautiful Utah wedding reception center. With all the cold, rainy, and snowy weather that Utah experiences, using the Ivy House is an outstanding choice of wedding venues in Salt Lake City that provides lots of plants for a garden feel. Many guests have commented that they loved the wedding they attended, because of the snow storm they were able to watch out the windows during the reception, providing that outdoor appeal with the comfort of indoors.
Planning to use one of the Salt Lake City Utah wedding venues, as your Salt Lake City Utah reception center, can provide less stress, plus save on your wedding budget. There are a couple of reasons your wedding may cost less by using this type of strategy. You will be able to use the same plants for both the SLC wedding reception, and the Salt Lake City wedding venue, which will result in a floral budget savings. With both the ceremony and reception at the same place, you will not need to buy flowers for both venues, or spend time and take the trouble moving them between venues.
The Ivy House SLC wedding venue has connections with a variety of different vendors, and can recommend many of them to help you with details of your wedding. You can receive a 20% discount on your wedding invitations, plus choose from, hundreds of different types, to find the invitation that is just right for your wedding. This Utah wedding reception wedding venue also offers special extras for your invitations, like adding a thank you note, insert or maybe a picture.
Using the Ivy House for your wedding reception centers in Salt Lake City, you will have a spacious, elegant feel, with lots of plants for an outdoor effect. This is one of the best reception centers in Salt Lake City Utah for photographs, because of all the different places that provide such fascinating picture opportunities. Guests will use disposable cameras you leave around, to catch shots of the wedding you would never have gotten without the spontaneity of guest photos. Having these pictures, to add to your professional pictures, can provide you with a wedding album that you will cherish for the rest of your life.
Once your budget is set, you will begin to make choices on the catering of the food for your wedding, The Ivy House has 3 preferred vendors that can offer you with any type of wedding menu on a budget you can afford. By reserving the Ivy House out of all the reception centers Salt Lake City has to offer, you can have a spacious almost outdoor feeling wedding, with lots of plants all over the venue for the wedding of your dreams.
The details are what make weddings more special. You can actually do without them but they do add a little something to your wedding. One of these details would be a wedding program.
To do or not to do?
Do you actually need a wedding program? It really depends on what type of ceremony you want but here are some reasons to include this in your to-do list:
– Wedding programs tell the guests what to expect in the ceremony.
– Wedding programs can be used as a way to explain certain ceremonies you opt to include in your ceremony. There are some ceremonies that may be grounded in you or your fiancé’s culture and will need some explanation so that guests can fully understand the significance of such a ceremony.
– Wedding programs are a great way to thank and acknowledge people who helped.
– Wedding programs make great mementos for your scrap book!
What does a wedding program contain?
So if you have decided to make wedding programs to be given out on the Salt Lake City wedding venue, the next step would be to determine what these programs will look like.
– The Paper and overall design. There are a lot of stationery stores that sell quality stock paper that you can use for your program. Choose paper that matches your color motif or your theme or will be a good backdrop for designs that match your motif. There are also a lot of websites and computer applications that help you design your wedding program as well as other printed accessories for your wedding.
– The Cover. Try to also go with your theme. For instance, if you are having peacock feathers for your overall look, incorporate peacock feathers on your cover design to tie all your wedding accessories together. The cover should contain the names of the bride and groom, the wedding date and time, as well as the wedding location. You may also want to incorporate your photo and other design elements.
– The Order of the ceremony. The program should contain the order of the ceremony. This gives the guests on idea of which part of the ceremony is underway. The order of ceremony includes when the following will happen: prelude, processional, honoring of parents, officiant’s welcome, readings, charge to the couple, exchange of vows and rings and so on. The program should also contain the names of the bridal party. For each item of the program (where applicable), it is also best to name who is doing that part of the program. This is especially applicable to performers (the band, singer, or readers), as well as the title and composers/authors of the piece they are performing.
– Explanation of special ceremonies in your wedding. You may opt to have an explanation of the special ceremony you want to incorporate in your wedding, especially if you have guests that are not familiar with you or your spouse’s culture. For instance, one unity ceremony that has African roots is the jumping of the broom, where the couple takes hold of a decorated broom and has to jump over that broom. People from other cultures may not understand the significance of the ceremony so it will be helpful to explain it to them so that they, too, will appreciate that special moment in the program.
– Acknowledgements. This lists the names of the people you wish to thank who helped you prepare for the wedding. You can also acknowledge loved ones who have passed on or who are unable to come but you still wish to remember on your wedding day.
– Reception directions. It will also be helpful to include directions to the wedding reception location and the time they are expected there.
– Before you print out a large batch of the programs, make sure that you like the overall look of the program. You can make several samples and decide on the one you like best. You can also explore other media and get creative. You can incorporate the program into a fan that the guests can use to cool themselves during the ceremony, you can roll up the program like a scroll and so on.
– Be sure to print-out one copy for proofreading.
– Carefully check that spellings (especially of names) are accurate.
Planning your wedding? Is your 50th wedding anniversary drawing near? Would you like to celebrate your birthday in a big way? Come to the Ivy House, a reception center in SLC, Utah and we will be with you as you celebrate life’s precious moments. The Ivy House boasts of premiere reception facilities to ensure that your event is something that you will remember and cherish for years to come.
The Ivy House is your choice for Utah wedding receptions, as well as other special occasions. The indoor reception venue boasts of the following amenities: a romantic spiral staircase with balcony both inside and outside, a fully-functioning fireplace, plants to provide a lush atmosphere, classic-style furniture and artwork. You can also have impromptu concerts and have someone play in the reception venue’s baby grand piano.
The reception area is perfect for dancing the night away with its spacious and elegant dance floor, with quality music piped in from the sound system. There are also dressing rooms for both the bride and the groom. The groom’s changing room can also serve as a playroom to keep the children happy and occupied.
The Ivy House provides the perfect ambiance with high ceilings decked with gorgeous chandeliers, as well as candle-lit centerpieces for your tables. Your guests will enjoy your favorite wedding shots or your specially-produced wedding video through a large screen TV and DVD player provided upon request. The Ivy House is located at a central location (at Western Gardens downtown) with ample parking space for extra convenience for your guests.
To ensure that your wedding or event goes smoothly, you can also book a rehearsal session. There will also be an event coordinator that will be helping you through the planning process as well as arrange all the details during the event itself. We can also provide you with a photographer and videographer to record the special highlights of your events.
Aside from the Utah wedding venue, you can also avail of the following:
Catering. At our Salt Lake City wedding venue, you can choose from a variety of mouth-watering buffet meals at highly affordable prices. The Ivy House will take care of the setting up, serving your guests and clearing after the party. You can also self-cater or hire your own caterer.
Linens. We also provide you with basic linens and more. This is for the guest tables, buffet tables, chairs, cake tables and food prep room.
Floral Arrangements. Make your wedding or event even more picture perfect with gorgeous floral arrangements. Floral arrangement packages can include the bride’s bouquet, flowers for the bride’s maid, maid of honor and flower girls and boutonnieres for other members of your entourage.
Invitations and announcements. When you book your event at The Ivy House, you can avail of a 20% discount on invitations and other printed materials (such as announcements, inserts and other notes).
The Ivy House has what it takes to make it one of the finest wedding locations in Utah. Enjoy your party and let us worry about the details. The Ivy House is where you can enjoy some of the finest moments in your life.