A most beautiful and elaborately decorated wedding celebration is featured today. Reception Centers in Utah don’t all need this incredible detailed decorating, but this bride’s mother-in-law orchestrated a beautiful celebration with the backdrop of a simple elegant Utah wedding venue. Any future bride can glean all kinds of creative wedding ideas to set their wedding reception apart from others.
A delicate feminine theme was woven throughout the hall. With pastel pinks and whites and a hint of gold, green, and deeper pink, Ivy House Weddings at Western Gardens Downtown became a magical wonderland for over 300 guests to enjoy. For easier reading, I’ll make a list of the creative ideas from which to glean for your own party at almost any of the Utah wedding reception centers. I will begin at the first entrance to the venue and proceed throughout!
1. Window Decals on Entrance Main doors – Ivy House granted permission to place personalized window decals representing the new couple’s initials. With ribbons hanging from the outdoor majestic lamps, this was a nice preview as to what the guests were about to enter.
2. Wedding Garland – very clever and delicate touch to the entrance inside the main doors. Created by stringing together paper & foil cupcake holders and pink and cream lace doilies. All guests walked under the garland upon entering the main reception hall.
3. Floral Arrangements – Both windows inside the main room were adorned with floral arrangements. A large floral arrangement in one, and delicate individual flowers in another. A very nice touch! Other displays of floral, photo, and trinket designs dotted the hall on various hutches and dressers.
4. Votive Candles – On the spiral staircase leading to a romantic Romeo and Juliet balcony, the family had placed double votive candles on every step. Romance was definitely in the air! Candles were extinguished when the couple ascended to toss the bouquet and garter!
5. Wedding Cake – Next was the cake alcove. Wow! This mother must have been an interior designer. Between the lace woven through the arbor and so many little trinkets dangling, as a whole, the 3-tiered cake became the center of an art masterpiece.
6. Mr. & Mrs. Mantel – The couple chose to have a formal line in front of the decorated mantel. A Mr. and Mrs. swag of pink pennants accented the majestic fireplace.
7. Lattice Photo Display – After congratulating the newlyweds, guests walked past a display of photos hanging from rick-rack on a lattice divider. Very clever and very functional as well.
8. Simple delicious refreshments – Then to the refreshment favorite of the newlyweds – taquitos created by a family friend. Salsa and rice complimented the treat. Sweet treats were also offered. Fruits, tarts, and cupcakes topped off the menu.
Credit is in order for the florist Skyline Floral, Kathy Ford the caterer, Ivy House preferred cake baker Cindy Crump of Heritage Cakes, and the incredible photographer Amanda from Campbell Photography.
The mother-in-law wrote the following review of their experience at Ivy House…. “Loved having our reception @ Ivy House. Everything was perfect! Jenny was great to work with. The facility is beautiful, clean, with so many extras – beautiful centerpieces, linens, DVD & sound system. LOVED that there were no “surprise” charges for such things! Employees of Western Garden were so nice to pitch in & help carry in things for us. All in all – a wonderful experience! Bride’s room was so beautiful & so nice to have a place to put personal items & change clothes. Only suggestion: I know it’s the Western Gardens restrooms; they are clean and nice but if it could be a bit prettier in there with a fun plant decor!”
This beautiful couple was surrounded by beautiful decor and beautiful people. What an enjoyable and pleasant celebration of true love at Ivy House Weddings. Wedding reception centers in Utah would love to have hosted this bride and groom’s gathering.