The wedding budget is a common facet that nearly all couples have to consider when planning their celebrations and looking at Utah wedding venues. Budgets are inconveniently real and can be intimidating and stressful. If you let it, your budget can ruin the entire spirit of your beautiful day. Don’t let it! You can have a perfect wedding at one of Western Garden’s wedding reception centers.
Prioritize Your Utah Wedding Venue Needs – It is important to prioritize what items are the most important to you. You may be able to cut costs on less important things so you can spend more of your budget on those things that are must haves. Here are some tips to consider as you plan and work within your available funds.
1. One way to look at your budget is to see it as a challenge before you. It’s there to stay. Make it a quest to work within your limits.
2. Remain flexible about many of the choices you have to make. Give and take along the way. A lot of headache and stress comes when you insist and demand everything little thing. After all, the most important part of your day will be when you look into the eyes of your man and say “I do!”
3. Seek advice from a wedding event planner at the wedding venue you choose. She has witnessed a lot of weddings and a lot of brides, some with big budgets, some with smaller. She has lots of ideas to share.
4. The reception venue is the first major cost to incur. Seek a venue that offers as much as possible in their base venue rental. Ivy House and Atrium Weddings include just about everything you would need for the venue – linens, tables, chairs, centerpieces, cake cutting tools, beverage servers, parking, etc. When you book with them, a lot of little details are already included.
5. Once you have scoped out all the wedding reception centers and have booked, now it is time to look at your guest list. You can quickly cut your costs if you invite only people that are your closest relatives and friends on both sides of the family. If you can cut it down, you will be cutting costs for invitations, food, flowers for the tables, guest favors, and even the size of your cake.
6. Remember there are a lot of details that you can handle personally. This will save a lot of funds for other things you may not be able to provide, possibly your wedding cake, wedding gown, or special gifts for your bridesmaids, etc.
7. Don’t forget who this party is for. You! It’s to celebrate your union. Keeping this in mind will make it easier to reduce or remove some of the items that can greatly increase your costs.
8. Most wedding venues in Utah can accommodate having your ceremony and your reception or dinner at the same wedding location. This will dramatically cut your costs of paying the minimum for two venues. This will also prevent the stress of transporting everything from one venue to the next. Also, if you reserve wedding venues during off peak season or weekday rather than weekend, you can possibly save additional money. Many brides have booked a daytime ceremony with nice luncheon.
9. Another great idea is to order a smaller two tier wedding cake and then use a sheet cake to serve guests. A gorgeous smaller wedding cake gets cut just as much as a larger one. This is one simple area you can save your wedding budget.
10. You can save a considerable amount of money when planning your dinner or refreshments. Instead of a main course, try finger foods, appetizers and beverages. See if you can self-cater and then have a good friend take charge. (Your immediate family members will be occupied tending to you and guests, so don’t let an immediate family member take on this task.) A full bar can also take a lot from your budget, so consider offering wine and beer instead.
11. Your wedding favors, menu cards, table signs and escort cards can be handmade. With today’s technology, these items can be created and printed very easily and look very professional. Ask a bridesmaid to help you design your stationary needs.
12. Last but not least, making your own flower arrangements can save you money. Simple flowers can have a stunning effect on your guests. Using greenery and flowers that are in season, can also cut costs. So there are a lot of the little details that you can do yourself or have family help you. Remember that Western Gardens reception centers include a variety of candlelit table centerpieces as part of your venue rental. You will not have to spend money on your table decorations. Many brides add a touch of rose petals or a simple ribbon, or even simply place frames of photos of the couple around the centerpiece.
Even when you are planning a wedding on a budget, you can cut costs and not completely destroy your style and flair. Prioritize what you want your money to go towards, then fill in the rest with help from family and friends. Choosing a venue that includes a lot in their base price will help save your budget for other items you want to have. Let the wedding planners of Ivy House Weddings help you plan a memorable wedding. This is a first step to making Utah wedding reception affordable and just what you have dreamed about.