Planning a wedding is no simple matter. The moment you said “Yes” to your man, you will have to face a long to-do list complete with timelines to ensure that everything comes out “just right”. To tell the truth, a wedding is one big production that has a lot of elements that you will have to book, decide upon and check up on. You are actually managing a lot of mini-projects within this one big “project” – your wedding.
Often, you will find in wedding planning websites tables, charts, to-do lists and timelines. Yes, you will find these helpful as you plan your wedding – so that you don’t forget a single important item and you keep track of the progress of each element.
Here are some of the important things you have to remember or do to prepare for your wedding:
– Get out your calendar and select the date of the wedding
– Inspect the wedding ceremony and reception center
– Book the church and wedding venue for the desired wedding date
– Discuss the wedding budget, who contributes for which item and for what amount
– Choose and order the wedding rings
– Select motif or theme of the wedding
– Select and order gowns – for the bride, mothers of the bride and groom and the rest of the entourage. Arrange for fitting and altering of the gown.
– Arrange for suits or the wardrobe of the male members of the entourage.
– Announce the engagement
– Send out wedding invitations
– Select menu and caterer
– Select bridal cake (or also groom’s cake) and baker
– Discuss floral arrangements with selected florist
– Book musicians and decide on songs and music
– Book officiant and discuss the wedding ceremony details
– Process legal documents required for the wedding
– Decide on decorative elements of the wedding (centerpieces, linens, gazebo, etc.)
– Book videographer and photographer
– Have hair and makeup trial and book makeup artist
– Schedule honeymoon and arrange travel and hotel details
And mind you, this is just a start of that list. And each element of this list has its own considerations and requirements. You may also need to read and sign contracts for the vendors.
As you can see, a wedding will not just make demands of your finances but also your time and effort. Even with the simplest of weddings, you still need to make arrangements to arrange for everything and ensure that the wedding is just as you wanted it to be.
The good news is, you don’t have to go at it alone. One, you can hire a wedding coordinator to take away much of the stress of the planning and implentation from you. Two, you can also consider a Utah wedding reception center that provides much of what is already in your to-do list so that planning becomes easier on your part.
Most wedding venues in Utah provides a lot of help in that it not only gives you the perfect spot for your wedding ceremony and/or reception, it also offers packages that incorporates a lot of the key elements you need for your wedding.
For instance, The Ivy House is a wedding venue in SLC, Utah which provides value-added services such as linens, catering, floral arrangments, contacts with photographers and videographers as well as an experienced baker for the wedding cake.
With the combination of The Ivy House’s unique ambiance, the presence of a host on the day of the wedding and a lot of amenities at one convenient location, you can enjoy your wedding day to the fullest. You can be a radiant and relaxed bride with the peace of mind that everything you wanted in your wedding is in place.