Ivy House is one of Western Garden’s chic reception centers in Utah and the wedding reception on May 9th of this year proved so. I attended to snap some photos of this couple’s happy celebration with two great families. The evening was so enjoyable that I stayed almost the entire evening taking photos of nearly every aspect of the party. This bride and mother created a beautiful touch to Ivy House that just lit up the wedding place, with lots of love, joy, and laughter.
Unique touches that I will note here about this wedding reception Utah enjoyed are as follows and I hope they can inspire you as you create that wonderland that you’ve dreamt about.
- This bride chose the delicate lacy feel. This matched her delicate frame compared to the tall stature of her new husband. Her theme of white lace was accented throughout Ivy House and the sophisticated black rod-iron fixtures and chairs of Ivy House wedding venue were complimented with this frilly touch.
- She then touched the sophisticated and frilly look with sunflowers that obvious reflect her personality – bright, beautiful and happy flowers.
- The bride’s tender last dance with her father really touched me. There was so much love and gratitude shared between them on the dance floor. I was blessed to catch a few of Dad’s whispers in her ear, a sweet tear in her eye, and that incredible look as Father passed his daughter on to her new husband. What a sweet moment I shall never forget.
- Pulling off the garter was priceless. See the photo of the bride.
- The decorated car was something I’ll never forget. Yes, it was a beautiful silver Toyota Cruiser that was absolutely plastered beyond recognition. The bride dropped her jaw in disbelief when she finally could see it after the sparklers. The good part was that the friends and family had first wrapped the car first in plastic, and then decorated with syrups, cream, cherries, strawberries. If the food was at the party, it was on the car. The couple simply had to cut the plastic off the car and it all fell to the ground and they drove away.
- Family photos outside were prime. The beautiful Ivy that was accidentally stripped from Ivy House walls during construction, has now just about filled in and offered a beautiful backdrop for the bride’s maids in yellow. What smiles and beauty accented the Ivy House garden.
The cutting of the cake, the sparkler send off, the food, and all was beautiful and so much fun to witness. This couple was off to a beautiful start by having their celebration at Utah wedding reception centers like Ivy House Weddings at Western Gardens Center Downtown.
As for who-did-what at this affair, the wedding cake was brought in by Kneaders, the photographer was JacqueLynn Photography, and her beautiful sunflower arrangements were a creation of a friend that works at Flower Patch. The food was catered by our very popular preferred caterer Utah Celebrations. We are proud of the work they do and the value they offer at our Utah receptions to our beautiful brides.
At last night’s event, a friend of the bride in May also attended last night. She had referred Ivy House Weddings to another friend who had their celebration last night. The word is getting out what a wonderful Utah wedding venues are run by Western Gardens Center.